Whatever month your wedding falls in, you want your special day to be unforgettable. While winter weddings may not be as popular as spring or summer weddings, winter is an excellent time to celebrate and brings its own unique ambiance to the day. If you’ve decided on a winter wedding, you’re in great hands. Below are some of our favourite winter wedding decorations that are perfect for the months ahead!
1. Line your aisle with festive foliage: Pine, holly and eucalyptus are great options for winter wedding decorations and look lovely when draped as garlands or hung in bouquets to line the aisle. Make this gorgeous greenery pop by adding sprigs of seasonal red berries to the mix and finishing off with a beautiful ribbon.
2. Add some sparkle with string lights: How magical does the Christmas tree look when it’s illuminated with string lights? Capture that glow on your wedding day by adding string lights to your table arrangements, using them to frame entryways or hanging them from surrounding plants/trees. Create an enchanting pathway into your venue by placing battery-operated string lights into clear glass vases/jars and placing them alongside the walk.
3. Rely on candles for illumination: Your winter wedding decorations wouldn’t be complete without the radiance of candlelight. Keep overhead lights dimmed to a minimum and instead, use candlelight to illuminate your space. This season is all about being cosy, comfortable, and warm, and candles will help you accomplish this vibe—not to mention add even more romance to the scene.
4. Incorporate wreaths or garlands into your decor: Nothing says Christmas/wintertime like a lush green wreath! Hang wreaths of cascading green vines and/or seasonal flowers and berries around your venue, position them around the base of candles as a centerpiece, or tie them onto the back of chairs for some wintery charm.
5. Make napkin rings with seasonal elements: Sometimes, simplicity is best when it comes to your winter wedding decorations. Create a rustic napkin ring using seasonal greenery and/or berries and some ribbon of your choice. Provide a pop of colour and whimsy by also adding a classic candy cane to the mix and finishing with a loose bow or a simple knot. Keep things classic with silk or velvet ribbons in your wedding colours, or use patterned ribbons (tartan, dots, stripes, etc) to mix things up.
6. Embrace the power of the pine cone: Pine cones are ideal winter wedding decorations as they embody the winter season and are naturally found outdoors so they are easily accessible. Incorporate pine cones to add texture and interest to your wedding greenery, use them as place card holders, string them together for a unique garland or position them anywhere that needs a bit of a pick-me-up. You can also spray paint your pinecones different colours for additional brightness. Best of all? You should be able to gather these yourself, for free!
Winter weddings, like all weddings, are simply magical. Take advantage of everything the season has to offer by incorporating traditional winter elements into your winter wedding decorations. The above ideas will help add some sparkle to your dreamy day.
Now that your decorations are sorted, what about the dress? Bijoux Bridal is one of the UK’s premiere bridal boutiques, offering an incredible range of dresses and sizes. Whatever your style or fancy, you’re sure to find it at Bijoux Bridal. Our friendly staff are eager to help you find your perfect dress to complete your perfect day. Contact us today to book an appointment with one of our experienced stylists and be prepared to have some fun at Bijoux!