It’s safe to say that 2020 has thrown us all a few curveballs. When it comes to weddings, so many couples have had to cancel, postpone, or rearrange their big days on account of the pandemic. This time may look a lot different than what we expected, but we’re determined to make the best of things. Searching for staycation honeymoon ideas? While flying out of the country may not be possible (or necessarily appealing) at the moment, there are still plenty of excellent things you can do for your honeymoon in the UK, if/when restrictions allow. If you’re looking for staycation ideas for a honeymoon, we’ve got some great ones below.
(Image via Thelingholmestate.co.uk)
1. Enjoy picturesque views on the waters of the Lake District: Immerse yourself in some of the most gorgeous scenery in the UK at the Lingholm Boathouse. What could be more romantic than enjoying a morning coffee with the one you love while overlooking the tranquil waters and cascading hills of Britain’s treasured Lake District. The Lingholm Boathouse sits on the shore of Derwentwater and is described as “a luxury one bedroom holiday apartment with kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. With a fully glazed front you will feel immersed in the peaceful scenery enjoying panoramic lake views from all the rooms, even from the free standing bath! There is a balcony complete with easy chairs to soak up the views and observe the local wildlife.” What more could you ask for?
2. Go glamping: Fancy watching the stars at night over an open fire or waking up to gentle birdsong and fresh country air? Glamping could be your ideal honeymoon in the UK. There are plenty of Glamping areas to choose from, depending on where you’re based and how far you want to travel. The Glampotel Dundas Castle looks especially lovely with its wood burning stoves, cosy beds, beautiful balconies and serene atmosphere. Detach yourself from the stresses of modern life and escape to simplicity.
3. Get the royal treatment in a luxury castle hotel: Scotland has its fair share of breathtaking castles, so you’re sure to find a castle that suits your location and budget. A castle, steeped in rich history and legend, is the perfect fairytale honeymoon destination for a memorable time. In fact, in 1873 Queen Victoria herself said she ‘never saw a lovelier or more romantic spot’ than Inverlochy Castle, which is situated in the Scottish Highlands amidst lush green valleys and impressive peaks.
4. Explore the Isle of Skye: Looking for unique honeymoon ideas in the UK? If you and your partner enjoy the outdoors, Skye is an excellent option for your romantic honeymoon. Activities such as kayaking, rock climbing and abseiling are usually on offer, or you can rent bikes to ride around the island and discover your own hidden gems! The romantic scenery will provide the perfect backdrop to your adventures (and your loved-up Instagram photo shoots, of which we assume they’ll be plenty ;).
5. Treat yourself to some ultimate pampering with a romantic spa getaway: Why not indulge in a few days of relaxation by visiting one of Scotland’s spas. Many of these beautiful places are still safely open during current restrictions, and with plenty to choose from, you’re likely to find one close to home. A couple’s massage and/or facial is an excellent way to unwind together, or enjoy a leisurely swim or hot tub together before a candlelit gourmet meal. Many spas offer packages that will help you save some money while making the most of your stay.
Even though we’re all staying much closer to home these days, it’s still possible to enjoy a romantic celebration with the one you love. We hope the above honeymoon ideas provide some inspiration as you plan some quality couple time. As always, ensure your plans are in accordance with local restrictions and safety recommendations.